Dr. Wayne Slusser
- Ph.D. (NT), Baptist Bible Seminary (PA), 2012 Dissertation: “A Discourse Analysis of the Passion Predictions in the Gospel of Mark”
- M.Div., Baptist Bible Graduate School (MO), 2001
- M.A.B.S., Baptist Bible Graduate School (MO), 2000
- B.S.E.D., University of Oklahoma, 1991
- 14 years pastoral ministry/church planter Sonrise Baptist Church, Ozark, MO, 2001-2015
- High School teacher in Bible and Math, Christian Schools of Springfield, Springfield, MO, 1998-2001
- Instructor, College Math, Baptist Bible College, Springfield, MO, 1998-2001
- Assistant Professor of NT and Greek, Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary, Springfield, MO, 2001-2015.
- Associate Professor of NT and Greek, Baptist Bible Seminary, Clarks Summit, PA, 2015-present.
- Courses taught at the MDiv level include Greek, NT textual criticism, and English Bible. At the PhD level: intertextuality (= use of OT in NT), NT biblical theology, advanced Greek grammar, and NT textual criticism.
- Wave Study Bible (iPhone app) – Expert Advisory Board Member and NT Commentary “nugget” Authoring Team (contributor to Greek NT commentary of this Bible app for study & reading), 2015-present.
- “(Re)Defining the Gospels: Mark as a Test Case, Part One.” The Journal of Ministry & Theology, vol. 21:2 (fall 2017): 42-76.
- “Jonah’s Rescue: What Are the Implications for Today? (Jonah 1:17-2:10).” The Journal of Ministry & Theology, vol. 21:1 (spring 2017): 86-122.
- “The Implications for Pastoral Ministry Based on Paul’s Prayer in 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13.” The Journal of Ministry & Theology, vol. 20:1 (spring 2016): 123-51.
- “The Bible God Intended?” Baptist Bible Tribune, 57:11 (July/Aug): 8-11.
- “The Role of Women in Ministry.” Baptist Preacher’s Journal, 16:2 (Winter 2006): 20-26.
- “The Structural Analysis of Philemon.” (TREN) 2001.
- 2017 “Imprisoned for the Glory of God: Considering Ryrie’s Third Aspect of the Sine Qua Non of Dispensationalism – In Paul’s Prison Letters.” Tenth Annual Council on Dispensational Hermeneutics, Clarks Summit University, South Abington Twp, PA.
- 2016 “Can We Trust Our Bibles: A Look at the Text & Translations.” Underground Church, Westhill Baptist Church, Akron, OH.
- 2016 “Confessions of a Church Planter.” Ministers’ Enrichment Day – Scripture, Culture, and Outreach: Exegeting Culture Biblically for Ministry Effectiveness, Baptist Bible Seminary, Clarks Summit, PA.
- 2014 “Sustaining Spiritual Development Across Generations: Part 1 and Part 2.” 67th ABHE Annual Meeting, Engaging the Emerging Generation: Many Points, One Purpose, Orlando, FL.
- 2009 “An Unshakeable Foundation: The Evidence from the Ancient Manuscripts.” The Why I Believe Apologetics Conference, Baptist Temple, Springfield, MO.
- 2007 “The Omniscience of God: Is it Open for Discussion?” Baptist Bible Graduate School, Springfield, MO.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Council on Dispensational Hermeneutics (steering committee member)
My wife, Missy, 2 sons, Jack & Nick.